Everyone knows that the education system in the United States is has a left-leaning biased. Many blame the teachers unions and the culture that is pushed on nearly every college/university campus in the United States. However, what most people do not realize is that these problems are the result of leftist educational organizations receiving over $1.3 billion a year in donations. 

Over the last 60 years, multiple conservative and non-partisan organizations have brought awareness to the extreme leftist bias in education. Unfortunately for our country, they never offered a solution. These organizations, and many of them think tanks, have failed America. During these 60 years, socialists and leftists have furthered their ambitions through education. The left has used their investment of over $1.3 billion a year to create countless non-profit organizations that promote socialism through all avenues of teacher development. Their investments go into teacher training, the development and distribution of biased lesson plans and materials, lobbying to influence curricula, and publishing texts at all reading levels. Some of these organizations include, but are not limited to, the 1619 Project, Teach For America, The Southern Poverty Law Center’s Learning For Justice (formerly known as Teaching Tolerance), the Zinn Education Project, The New Press, Citizen Schools, Center for American Progress, City Year, New America, and Facing History. The ideas advocated through these organizations are learned and spread by students across the country. These organizations have teachers in public, private, and charter schools who use their materials which support their agendas. With  approximately 5% of all students in America being home-schooled, this means that these organizations reach a majority of the remaining 95% of the youth of our country.

The old saying of “you get what you pay for” applies to education. Moderates and conservatives must unite to begin supporting organizations like The Locke Society, who are not only bringing awareness to the biases in education, but are also taking the actions needed to combat them. If we continue to merely fund groups that only bring awareness or take money without producing anything useful, the leftist bias in education will only get worse and America’s path toward socialism may soon reach a point of no return. 


Editor’s Note: This article was last updated on December 27, 2023.