Everyone knows that the education system in the United States is liberally biased. Many blame the teachers unions and the culture that is pushed on nearly every college/university campus in the US. However, what most people do not realize is that these problems are the result of liberal educational organizations receiving over $1.3 billion a year in donations. 

Over the last 60 years, multiple conservative and non-partisan organizations have brought awareness to the extreme liberal bias in education. Unfortunately for our country, they never offered a solution. During these 60 years, socialists and liberals have furthered their ambitions through education. The left has used their investment of over $1.3 billion a year to create countless non-profit organizations that promote socialism through all avenues of teacher development. Their investments go into teacher training, the development and distribution of biased lesson plans and materials, lobbying to influence curricula, and publishing texts at all reading levels. Some of these organizations include, but are not limited to, the 1619 Project, Teach For America, The Southern Poverty Law Center’s Teaching Tolerance, the Zinn Education Project, The New Press, Citizen Schools, Center for American Progress, City Year, New America, and Facing History. The ideas advocated through these organizations are brought home by students across the country. These organizations have teachers who use their materials that support their agendas in public, charter, and private schools. With only 3% of all students being home-schooled, this means that these organizations reach a majority of the remaining 97% of the youth of our country.

The old saying of “you get what you pay for” also applies to education. Moderates and conservatives must unite to begin supporting organizations like The Locke Society, who are not only bringing awareness to the biases in education, but are also taking the actions needed to combat them. If we continue to merely fund groups that only bring awareness, the liberal bias in education will only get worse. 

Donate to The Locke Society here.